KYC Intelligence Pty Ltd (“KYCIntel”) is strongly committed to your right to privacy. We have implemented practices that are designed to protect your privacy.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about you, that identifies you or by which your identity can reasonably be ascertained.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold about you?
KYCIntel only collects personal information that is necessary for one or more of its functions or activities.
How is personal information collected?
Generally, we only collect personal information from this website when you voluntarily supply that information to us.
Information collected by our ISP
Like most Internet Service Providers (ISPs), in order to give you access to our website, our ISP needs to collect some information about you. This information is made available to us.
When you read or download information from our website, our ISP collects the following information about you?
- your Internet address;
- your domain name, if applicable; and
- the date and time of your visit to our website
Our ISP also collects information such as the pages our users’ access, the documents they download, links from other websites they follow to reach our website, and the type of browser they use. However, this information is anonymous and is only used for statistical and website development purposes.
In order to improve our website, we are keen to understand better what sections of our website you find to be most useful and interesting.
“Cookies” allows our website to store tokens of information in your browser. They give your browser an identifier which is used by our website while you are on it. Cookies help us to identify what areas of our website are popular based on traffic to those areas.
This website will not store personal information such as email addresses or other details in a cookie. We use session (not permanent) cookies.
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer, giving you the choice whether to accept it or not.
Through our ISP and by using cookies, we can identify your web browser but not you.
Use and disclosure of personal information
KYCIntel uses the personal information it holds in order to provide its clients with the products or services that they request. KYCIntel will not use or disclose personal information collected by us for any purpose other than:
- the purposes for which it was provided or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure; or
- where you have consented to such disclosure; or
- where the National Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure, as required or authorised under law, in circumstances relating to public health and safety and in connection with certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body; for example, information may be disclosed to a court in response to a subpoena or to a Government agency upon request; or
- for the purpose of improving our relationship with you, or to provide you with direct marketing material such as research that may be of interest to you, to inform you about any new products and services or special offers from time to time. However you may, by contacting us, request not to receive such information and we will give effect to that request. Please allow 2 weeks for your request to be actioned.
For example, KYCIntel may disclose your personal information to organisations from whom we obtain services such as information technology support, financial and marketing advice or legal advice.
Where a client nominates someone to act on their behalf, KYCIntel may provide information to that person, for example, the client’s accountant or financial adviser.
External service providers will only be authorised to use personal information for the purpose for which we supply it.
If KYCIntel is unable to use or disclose personal information from or about a client, we may not be able to do business with that client.
Document storage and security
We will at all times seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. At all times your personal information is treated as confidential and stored securely.
If you cease to be a client, any personal information which we hold about you will be maintained for a period of 7 years in order to comply with legislative and regulatory requirements, following which time the information will be destroyed.
The Internet is not a secure environment. If you use the Internet to send us any information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
Access to your personal information
You may at any time, by contacting us, request access to your personal information.
KYCIntel will (subject to the following exceptions) will provide you with access to that information either by:
- providing you with copies of the information requested;
- allowing you to inspect the information requested; or
- providing you with an accurate summary of the information held.
We may, prior to providing access in accordance with this policy, require you to provide evidence of your identity.
KYCIntel will not provide you with access to your personal information if:
- providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of a person;
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information related to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between us and would not be discoverable in those proceedings;
- providing access would reveal our intentions in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- providing access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law; or
- providing access would be likely to prejudice certain operations by or on behalf of an enforcement body or an enforcement body requests that access not be provided on the grounds of national security.
If KYCIntel refuses you access to your personal information, we will provide reasons.
Correction of personal information
KYCIntel will take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information which we collect or use is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe that any personal information which we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you must contact us as soon as possible and provide evidence of the inaccuracy or incompleteness. KYCIntel will, if we agree that the information requires correcting, take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
If we do not agree that your personal information requires correcting, KYCIntel will, if you request, take reasonable steps to ensure that whenever your personal information is accessed or handled in the future, it is apparent that you are not satisfied as to the accuracy or completeness of that information.
We will endeavour to respond to any request for access within 2 weeks, depending on the complexity of the information and/or the request. If your request is urgent please indicate this clearly.
If you have any complaint, please contact us. We will use our best endeavours to resolve any complaint to your satisfaction.
However, if you are unhappy with our response, you are entitled to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner or Industry Code adjudicator who may investigate your complaint further. Determinations by the Privacy Commissioner are enforceable by the High Court.
What is not covered
- corporate information (unless it is also about any identifiable person); or